The MCC Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for the Fall 2023 semester from August 1, 2023 through September 5, 2023 for students homed at the Manchester campus who need assistance with an outstanding tuition balance for fall semester classes taken at the Manchester campus.
NOTE: MCC Foundation scholarships can only support classes taken at the Manchester campus for students who are homed at Manchester. The Foundation does not provide financial assistance to students homed at other campuses or for classes taken at other campuses.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Complete the FAFSA for the 2023-24 academic year if eligible to do so. If unable to complete the FAFSA, please contact the Manchester campus financial aid office for guidance.
- Registered for credit classes at the Manchester campus in the semester for which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Be enrolled in a degree or certificate program and be homed at the Manchester campus.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 is required.(Merit scholarships require min. 3.0 GPA).
- Merit scholarships – students with a min. 3.0 GPA and letter of recommendation from a professor or staff member may apply for consideration.
*You must demonstrate financial need. Complete the FAFSA – even if you know you will not receive funding, the FAFSA provides financial aid with information to determine your eligibility for a scholarship. If you are unable to complete a FAFSA (ex, international student), please contact the financial aid office for guidance. They can be reached by phone to 860-512-3380 or email email@example.com. *
If you have questions about the scholarship program or applying for a scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Diana at 860-512-2909 and leave a message with your name, banner id, phone number and question.
- All scholarship applicants are reviewed by financial aid to determine eligibility for a scholarship based on your FAFSA and demonstration of need. If you receive PACT or partial financial aid, we work with the financial aid office to calculate the amount of scholarship you can receive. Federal financial and/or institutional aid, (i.e. PACT, Pell, etc.) is applied first, if applicable. The MCC Foundation covers the gap in funding for your umet needs.
- Merit scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA and upload a current letter of recommendation from a professor or staff member.
- If you are awarded a scholarship you will be notified by email from email@example.com. The bursar will place a memo on your account at the time you are selected to receive the scholarship. We will not release scholarship funds to the bursar until you have accepted the award, we have verified your scholarship with financial aid, and you have written a thank you note to the donor.
- Scholarships are only available to students who meet the criteria listed above and who are determined by financial aid to be eligible for a scholarship. Scholarships cannot be transferred to other campuses, institutions or used to cover past balances.
- Scholarships are applied to the student’s account first to cover any outstanding tuition and fees for classes taken at the Manchester campus. Any remaining funds may be used at the Manchester campus bookstore for textbooks and educational supplies (see the bursar for a book voucher). Any amounts remaining at the end of the semester may be refunded to the student by the bursar or returned to MCC Foundation.
- Dropping one or more classes may affect the amount of your scholarship. Please notify financial aid if you drop classes so they can determine any changes in your financial aid or scholarship eligibility.
THIRD PARTY SCHOLARSHIPS:
Students may want to apply for scholarship opportunities offered by other organizations who support community college students. Please contact each organization below with questions or to apply.
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving Scholarships – https://www.hfpgscholarships.org/
SBM Charitable Foundation Scholarships – https://sbmfoundation.org/scholarship-eligibility/
Rockville Bank Community Foundation Scholarships – https://rockvillecf.org/scholarship-guidelines/
Community Foundation of Eastern CT – https://cfect.org/scholarships/about-our-scholarships
Manchester Scholarship Foundation – https://manchesterscholarship.org/damato-adult-learner
|There are not any opportunities available.|